POSITION: Quality Control Lead Inspector
REPORTS TO: General Manager
JOB FAMILY: Managerial
The Quality Control (QC) Lead Inspector acts as leader and strategist. The leader engages a cross-functional team to develop, maintain and continually improve an effective management system aligned with business and product goals, able to exceed customer expectations. The strategist scans a complex environment in anticipation of emerging crises and opportunities for improvement.
- Establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems as follows:
- Ensure all equipment and installations comply with applicable codes, standards, specifications and within the Quality Management System.
- Development and review of Inspection and test plans.
- Ensure projects conform to specified requirements.
- Review drawings and specifications prior to issue and use.
- Participate in updating Corporate Quality Plans to enhance civil construction processes.
- Identify relevant quality factors inherent in work processes, assess relevant standards, and determine measures and arrangements to satisfy them.
- Produce a quality management plan that quantifies and co-ordinates the activities that will accurately assess the effectiveness, efficiency and quality of the system.
- Ensure accessibility and communication of suitable and relevant quality assurance, quality management, and OH&S policy/procedure manuals.
- Train employees in quality procedures regularly.
- Ensure compliance and prevent defects by monitoring specific project results to determine whether they comply with relevant quality control standards. Manage the technical quality of the system by using walk-throughs, reviews, testing, defect removal, and independent validation and verification.
- Make progress towards quality goals by acting on negative results detected during quality control activities.
- Liaise as necessary with other organizations and relevant authorities, and provide assistance and cooperation concerning audits and remedial actions.
- Assist with other administrative duties as required.
Interested candidates should possess a (C.E.T) Civil Engineering Technologist status or a minimum of 2 years in Civil Quality Control (concrete and earth works). Due to the nature of the position you must be a self starter with an excellent understanding of mix designs, concrete troubleshooting, use and specifications of concrete and aggregates. Strong knowledge of applicable codes and standards also excellent computer skills including Microsoft programs.
Considers excellence a fundamental priority; creates detailed action plans.
Must have experience working on-site in the Oils Sands Industry.