|Department||2-3 BLD: Casman Building Ltd.|
|Location||Fort McMurray, |
POSITION: Project Administrator, Casman Building Ltd.
REPORTS TO: Project Manager
JOB FAMILY: Internal Service
This position is located in the town of Fort McMurray and is full-time Monday through Friday. There are no "shift" options or fly-in / fly-out arrangements. You must be living in Fort McMurray or willing to relocate.
Completion of Office Administration or Business diploma and three (3) years of construction or project experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed below.
The Project Administrator administers the documentation of information relating to a project, especially cost control and scheduling information. Incumbents of positions at this level are involved not only in the daily activities of the unit, but also in planning and scheduling major repair, renovation and construction projects. Work is performed with/under the direction of the Project Manager within program and policy guidelines. The Project Administrator has financial responsibility for ordering materials as approved by the supervisor with minor responsibility for financial records and reporting, material purchasing, ensuring compliance to legislation, monitoring contractors, monitoring expenditures, safety of others, work allocation, and others’ work performance. The incumbent works under the pressure of strict deadlines, changing priorities, and frequent interruptions.
· Equipment used: computer
· Document specialist
· Financial control of project
· Disseminate project information to all stake holders
· Define and collect metrics to give a sense for how the project is progressing and whether the deliverables produced are acceptable
· Provide information to Project Manager to ensure work assigned is completed on time and within budget
· Provide assistance in tracking cost control
· Handle packing slips, matching to invoices, correctly coding
· Responsible for maintaining current construction schedule, including weather reports
· Remain knowledgeable of subcontractor agreements
· Track project information
· Integrate project schedule data with accounting cost data to get a clear picture of the performance of projects
· Diligently determine, analyze, validate, accrue and effectively report project costs
· Ensure budgets match scope and quality expectations, monitor and analyze cost at every stage of development, ensure accurate, timely reporting, forecast future cash flows, costs and impact of changes
· Some travel to sites is required
· Resolve cost issues, avoiding unnecessary redesign
· Constant interaction with coworkers and supervisors; daily interaction with contractor; frequently interacts with vendors.
· Perform other duties as assigned of a similar nature or level.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Professional Suite, especially Excel and Word; attention to detail to ensure all tasks carried out in good order
· Strong analytical, organizational, communication, interpersonal, and writing skills
· Superior ability multi-task to balance the workload, including prioritizing and delegating skills
· Completion of Office Administration or Business diploma and three (3) years of construction or project experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
© 2013 Casman Group of Companies